Fall is my favorite time of the year.. The leaves are turning and the vibrant colors are mesmerizing! The weather is still somewhat warm most days with a nice chill at night. Your entire wardrobe consists of jeans or sweat pants with a nice cozy sweater and some Uggs.. AHHHHH it is delightful!
Squash or Pumpkin are in abundance.. Especially after Halloween! So take a pumpkin or butternut squash and make this recipe!! You will not regret it..
Casey’s Autumn Pasta –
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 box of pasta (I used rigatoni)
1 1/2 lbs of chicken breast (cut into 1/2 inch chunks)
3 cups of diced butternut squash or pumpkin
1 small red onion, small diced
1 packet of Goya ham stock powder
1 1/2 cups of water
1 teaspoon of corn starch
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
the zest and juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat your oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add in your chicken in an even layer and brown it.
- Next add in your red onion and garlic powder. Mix to combine and cook until fragrant.
- In a bowl or cup, mix together your water, ham seasoning, and smoked paprika with the corn starch. Stir until smooth then add into your pan. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove your cover and add in your parsley, lemon zest and juice, and your salt/pepper. Give it a stir and cover for another 5 minutes.
- After that time, remove your lid and add in the reserved pasta. Mix to combine and allow it to simmer uncovered for another few minutes until squash is tender and pasta is heated through.
The flavors of this dish make me feel so cozy and happy! Squash/ Pumpkin.. ham flavors.. pasta.. its just a hearty dish that will warm your tummy!