How about a nice q u i c k and e a s y dish
for any upcoming get together you may have this weekend?!
I wanted a caprese salad, but something more filling and easy to bulk up the amount to feed more people..
So I made a Caprese Pasta Salad!
You can make it with whole wheat pasta as a healthier alternative..
Casey’s Caprese Pasta Salad –
1 box of penne
1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
1 pint of sundries tomato marinated mozzarella balls**
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
3 tablespoons of grated parmesan
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil water and cook pasta as box instructs, drain and rinse under cold water.. Set aside to dry
2. Meanwhile, cut your grape tomatoes and mozzarella balls in Half, place into large bowl with pasta
3. Dump out some of the oil from the mozzarella until you have 3 tablespoons left (use the oil from the bottom so you can have all of the yummy spices and herbs that it’s marinated in!) place your balsamic vinegar into the container and shake or whisk go combine
4. Add the dressing, parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper into the bowl, toss to combine
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve, enjoy! **if you can not find the marinated mozzarella balls, you can substitute with any mozzarella cut into pieces or plain mozzarella balls, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons chopped sun dried tomato.
I hope you try this recipe, and others!
If you do please let me know what you think…
I love your feedback
& don’t forget to follow me on Social Media!
Instagram/Twitter/Pinterest – @casey2cook