What do you do when you have a bunch of chocolate on ‘World Chocolate Day’ and overly ripe bananas?!
You make chocolate banana bread, duh! 😉
Casey’s Chocolate Banana Bread –
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
3 extremely ripe bananas
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup of chocolate chips/chopped bakers chocolate bar
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter/spray your loaf pan.
1. In a medium bowl, mix together your flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, using a fork, mash your banana until creamy. Add in your melted butter, eggs, and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
3. Using a rubber spatula, blend your flour mixture into your banana mixture. Add in the water and chocolate chips, stir to combine. Don’t over mix!
4. Pour into your prepared pan and bake for 1 hour (no longer than 90 minutes). Check with a wooden skewer in the middle of the loaf, if it comes out clean.. It’s ready!
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
There it is! Yummy and healthy, too.. if you noticed there is no added cup of sugar or what not!! Not one person who has tasted this believed me when I said there was no added sugar.. It is sweet and delicious without the added sugar! ✨
I hope you try this recipe, and others!
If you do please let me know what you think…
I love your feedback
& don’t forget to follow me on Social Media!
Instagram/Twitter/Pinterest – @casey2cook
Please Click below to share!