I am totally a fan of playing around with different breading options for chicken, pork, steak, fish etc.. I am so excited about this particular one, its delish!
There is the perfect amount of citrus to brighten it up, cheese to thicken it and herbs to freshen it! Plus, the breading doesn’t fall apart! Amazing.. 😉
Casey’s Crazy Delicious Crusted Pork Chops –
8 Pork Chops
1 cup of plain breadcrumbs
1/4 cup of grated pecorino romano
1/3 cup minced parsley
1 tablespoon of granulated garlic
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
zest of one large lemon
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons flour, optional**
canola oil to fry
1. Take out your pork chops and allow them to lose a bit of their chill. I usually leave them out for about 15/20 minutes while I get everything else ready.. (if you have them breaded cold and put them into hot oil they wont cook evenly and the breading will crack off.)
2. Mix the breadcrumbs, pecorino, garlic, salt , pepper and lemon zest together in a deep bowl. In another bowl, beat your two eggs. If you would like to use flour, place that in a small plate.
3. Put your frying pan over medium high heat with enough oil to cover up to half of the pork chop.
4. Place pork chops into flour (if you choose to use it) and shake off excess, next into egg, cover completely and shake off the excess.. finally, place into bowl of breading and press the breading into the pork chop.
5. As you finish breading, begin to fry. Once pork chop is golden brown, carefully flip over and cook the other side. Once they are golden and crispy, remove from oil and place of a drying rack (or paper towels) Allow them to cook internally and rest for at least 6-10 minutes. Enjoy!!
The floured pork chops will seem a bit thicker because there is an additional layer to thicken.*
If you want to create an amazing meal around these awesome breaded pork chops, try out a few of my simple sides!
You can have these baking while you bread and fry! Having your whole meal finished in under an hour!
Try these delicious, quick, and healthy sides to complete your meal and your plate could look like this!!
Click the links below to complete the dish as pictured above!!
I hope you try this recipe, and others!
If you do please let me know what you think…
I love your feedback 🙂
& don’t forget to follow me on Social Media!