I decided to make a cheesecake for National Cheesecake Day!
I made a mascarpone cheesecake, it is so luscious and creamy.. and easy! The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for it to cool and set 😉
For the crust-
✨1 stick of butter
✨2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
For the cake-
✨16oz of cream cheese (room temp)
✨1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
✨1 teaspoon vanilla
✨16oz of mascarpone (room temp)
For the topping-
✨1 cup of fresh strawberries, puréed
✨2 tablespoons of corn starch
✨1/2 cup of water
✨2 tablespoons of strawberry jelly
Preheat oven to 350, spray your 9in springform pan with nonstick spray.
1. Melt your butter over the stove. Once it’s melted, remove from stove and add in graham crackers. Stir to combine, it should be a wet sand consistency.
2. Spread into the bottom of your pan to create your crust. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
3. In a food processor, blend the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time until incorporated.
4. Add in your mascarpone and vanilla and let it run until smooth.
5. Lower the temperature to 325 degrees. Put your mix into the crust. Line with foil very well and place your pan into a large pan. Put the pan into the oven and fill halfway up the side with water. (The water will create a heat bath and consistently cook the cake)
6. Cook for an hour at 325, then turn off the oven but leave the cake in for another 25 minutes.
7. Remove from water bath and allow it to cool for an hour before putting it into the fridge, now you make your topping (if you want it)
**Your cheesecake should cool overnight or at least 6 hours to set fully!
Purée your strawberries in a food processor or mini chopper. Pour them into a pan and turn on medium heat. Mix your corn starch with the water and whisk into the purée. Brig to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and mix in your jello. Pour over the cake and place into the fridge to cool.
You want to make sure to keep the oven closed throughout the cooking process, especially the first 30 minutes. This will avoid cracking over the top of the cake! If you are not putting the topping over it you really don’t want cracking over the top, right?!
I hope you try this recipe, and others!
If you do please let me know what you think…
I love your feedback 🙂
& don’t forget to follow me on Social Media!
Instagram/Twitter/Pinterest – @casey2cook
Please Click below to share!