I have been super swamped lately, but I haven’t forgotten about you!!! It’s my first day off in a while so I knew I had to make a recipe for you guys!!
Big Steven got some thin cut stir fry steaks and a pineapple (amongst other items haha) when he went food shopping last night.. So I thought I would use that to make my delicious sticky rice!! I love love love rice.. and I mean, what is better than a ripe juicy pineapple?! The juices from the pineapple help create a nice sticky texture and sweeten the rice. Can’t wait for you to try it out!!
Casey’s Deliciously Sticky Pineapple Fried Rice with Steak –
For the Steak
1 lb of thin sliced stir fry beef
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of granulated garlic
1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon of salt
For the Rice:
3 cups of cooked white rice**
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
1/2 cup of diced yellow onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of mirin
1 tablespoon of sriracha
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 cup of fresh pineapple and its juices, diced
1/3 cup of sweet pea shoots, dice the stems and leave the tops whole
**You can either cook your rice by the package directions (or the way you know how to make it that works best for you) Or simply pick up a container at your local chinese food restaurant!**
1. Coat a large saute pan with cooking spray, set over medium-high heat. Evenly coat the steaks with the mixture of spices and set them to cook in the pan. Turning only once, they should need about 5 minutes on each side to get a nice brown on them! Remove from the pan and set aside to rest.
2. Wipe out your large saute pan, ( yay only one pan to clean!) heat your olive oil and toasted sesame oil over medium heat. Add in the onions and garlic and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes. Add in your sriracha, mirin and soy sauce, stir to combine.
3. Next, add in the cooked rice to the pan and combine, evenly coating the rice with the liquid mixture. Now add in your pineapple and crank the heat to high! Keep stirring the rice mixture, allowing it to sit and cook for a minute, then stir again. Make sure you use your spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan and get all the cook yummy sticky rice moving around! Its going to brown slightly and be sticky, it’s ok that’s what we want!!
3. Cook it this way for about 5 minutes. Toss in the diced pea shoot bottoms and half of the tops, stir to combine.
4. Serve the Sticky rice and steak together! Top the rice with the remaining sweet pea shoots 🙂
I enjoy this rice all by itself, but it goes well with steak or chicken!
You can be fancy and serve it in an actual pineapple, if you are cutting it fresh anyway might as well right?! Utilize anything you can for presentation and garnish.. After all, people eat with their eyes first 😉
As always, I hope you like what you see and decide to try it!! If you do, please let me know what you think!!
You can tag me in pictures on IG @Casey2Cook (and don’t forget to follow me!!)
You can also find me on Facebook.. www.facebook.com/CaseytoCook
I love your feedback 🙂