Need a great one pot dish for dinner?
Something filling but light and quick to make?
Well, I have just the dish for you..
Casey’s Garlic Shrimp Pasta –
8oz of pasta (your choice, I prefer linguini)
1 bell pepper, thin sliced
4 cloves of garlic, minced.
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 tablespoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
12oz of frozen mini shrimp
2 tablespoons of water
1 tablespoon of corn starch
1/4 cup of orange juice
- Cook the 8oz of pasta (I used whole wheat spaghetti.. I was 2oz short so I added in some Regular linguini.. It’s a bit thicker but the whole wheat takes longer to cook anyway so it cooked perfectly together!) in salted water per the box instructions, drain and set aside.
- In the same pot the pasta was in, once drained, add 1/4 cup of olive oil and heat over medium..add in the pepper and sauté for 2 minutes and next add the garlic and cook until fragrant, another two minutes. Stirring to avoid the garlic from burning.
- Next add in a tablespoon of salt, a teaspoon of black pepper and a teaspoon of dried oregano. Also add in your thawed shrimp at this time. I used a 12oz bag of mini frozen shrimp but you can use whatever you desire! Cover again for 10 minutes on medium/low heat.
- Meanwhile, mix together 2 tablespoons of water, one tablespoon of corn starch and 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- Remove the lid, turn to high heat and stir in your cornstarch mixture then add in your reserved cooked pasta. Mix to combine. It should make a nice thick sauce to coat the pasta, shrimp and peppers!