Nothin’ says lovin’ like somethin’ from the oven!! Am I right?! There is just something about baking in the over, it fills the house with a delicious aroma.. Has everyone running to the dinner table 🙂
I chose my lasagna rollatini because they are a huge hit amongst my love ones.. Big Steven requested I make them for his job holiday potluck, I made them for my Thanksgiving party at work and I have people asking for them daily.. I have never given this recipe out but today is the day, so take notes!!
It is really very simple, surprising simple in fact! When people taste it they will think you slaved away in the kitchen for hours.. Which is not really a bad thing if you think about it! (have them do the dishes as payment for your hard work)
Casey’s Love Filled Lasagna Rollatini –
1 box of lasagna noodles (18 noodles to be specific)
24oz of any red pasta sauce you like, or make your own!
(or use mine! http://casey2cook.com/2015/03/21/caseys-spoon-lickn-sauce-recipe-corner/ )
32oz part skim ricotta
7oz shredded italian blend cheese
1 teaspoon of italian blend seasoning
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1 large egg, beaten
8oz block of part skim mozzarella cheese, sliced into 36 chunks
pinch of oregano
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cook the lasagna noodles, once they are done.. cut each one in half.
2. Meanwhile mix together the ricotta, marscapone, shredded cheese, paprika, italian seasoning, egg, salt and pepper. Once it is combined, mix in 1/2 cup of your tomato sauce.
3. Cover the bottom of your tray(s) (I use a 17×12 shallow cake pan) with 1 cup of your sauce. Begin to make the rolls, scoop a generous tablespoon of your mixture into each half of lasagna noodle. Place it in the tray seam side up.. they may begin to open, don’t worry! place them close together.
4. Once you have your rolls in place, top each one with 1 chunk of mozzarella. This will help to keep the noodle closed and when it melts in the oven, acts as a seal for the rollatini.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and place in the over for 15 minutes. Remove the foil after 15 minutes and turn the temperature up to 420 for 10 minutes to give the top a nice crisp and melt the mozzarella. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the pinch of oregano.
This recipe yields 36 rollatini
I love this recipe because you can add anything you want to the inside of the rollatini to jazz it up! Just make the recipe as stated above and add anything you wish to the cheese stuffing. Only thing is be sure whatever you add is room temp or cold. If you add in hot or warm ingredients it will melt the cheese and it will be a mess!! For example, I have made them with spinach, ground beef, mushrooms, even pieces of steak! Delish..
An added bonus.. You can use the left over mozzarella and tomatoes from my appetizer dish I posted yesterday! Waste not want not!!