Who doesn’t love Tacos?!
No seriously, who? De-friend them.. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life! 😉
However, I have a predicament…
What do you do when you want tacos, but are trying to low carb it?
MAKE A TACO BOWL OUT OF THE MEAT!!
Did she just say a bowl, out of meat? Yes.. yes I did!
Casey’s Low Carb Taco Bowl –
1 lb of ground turkey
2 teaspoons of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of salt
dash of cayenne to taste
1 egg white
1 tablespoon of panko/bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 400.
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Place a large baking sheet down on the counter and turn your muffin tin over. Spray the bottom of large muffin tin with nonstick.
3. Divide your meat into 5 equal balls. Flatten over the bottom of the muffin tin to create the “bowls”.
4. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
5. Remove and stuff with your favorite taco toppings!
These were super yummy and delicious.. Easy to make and you can use any lean ground meat you desire! 🙂
Plus.. the fat literally drips off these “bowls”! So not only are you cutting out the carbs by 86’n the shell or tortilla, but also you are cooking the fat out of the meat.. rather then cooking the meat in the fat! It is a win-win..!
I like my tacos with lettuce, tomato, onion, salsa, sour cream, avocado and radish.. with a sprinkle of cheddar! How about you?! mMmmMMMmm 😉
So to conclude..
Enjoy tacos.. they can still be delicious
…even without the shell 😉