So I was in the mood for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but I had no bread.. So, I was going to make my yummy PB&J Tarts but I had no shells.. 🙁
I thought to myself, let me think up a fun pastry to have with peanut butter and jelly! I had flour and all that..
Baking is usually so complex.. dry bowl, wet bowl.. shaved cup, packed cup.. this and that! So I thought I want to make a simple 1 bowl recipe.. minimal clean up! 🙂
This is a fool-proof recipe (trust me, when it comes to baking.. I am a fool.. & I did it;) )
1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup of butter (softened/room temperature)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of your favorite jelly
confection sugar to garnish
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
1. In a large bowl, with a wooden spoon.. cream together the light brown sugar and butter until smooth. (if you are taking the butter from the fridge, simply microwave it for 15 seconds to soften!)
2. Add in your egg, vanilla, peanut butter, and buttermilk. Mix until well incorporated. Add in your flour and whip vigorously with your spoon until fluffy and smooth.
3. Place a generous tablespoon into each cupcake wrapper (or silicone mold) and fill each evenly. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. You can use a knife (poke down the center and turn to create a hole) or your finger to poke a hole down the center of the cupcake. Fill a ziplock with your jelly, cut the tip off (yay, self made pastry bag!) Push the tip down into the cupcake and fill the center with jelly.
5. Sprinkle with confection sugar and serve!
These are amazing! This recipe makes a dozen, you may want to triple it 😉
So easy to make and from start to finish it is under 30 minutes!
The buttermilk really helps to keep them moist and fluffy.. The acidity also brings out the nutty flavor from the peanut butter! It is a delicious treat, and you can make them as minis as well with the jelly as a glaze.. mMmMm! 😉
I hope you try this recipe, and others!
If you do please let me know what you think…
I love your feedback
& don’t forget to follow me on Social Media!
Instagram/Twitter/Pinterest – @casey2cook
Please Click below to share!