Fresh juicy mango is one of my favorite fruits! When it is perfectly ripe I love to use it in as many ways I can! I created this delicious pasta sauce today and it literally is in the top five of my favorite dishes I ever created!
I made this with shrimp because I love the pairing of mango and shrimp, but you can keep it vegetarian or even use shredded chicken! A nice lean pork loin would also go well with this amazing marriage of flavor!
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 lb large shrimp, cleaned
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of thin sliced fresh sage
1 pint of grape tomatoes
5 oz of baby spinach
1 ripe mango, small diced
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 box of angel hair pasta
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat your nonstick skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat, add the olive oil. Sprinkle the salt over your shrimp. Once the oil is hot, add in your shrimp and sage and cook shrimp for about 2 minutes on each side. Your sage should be “frying” in the oil nicely.
2. Add in grape tomatoes, mango and your garlic powder and paprika. Stir to combine. Add spinach on top and cover with foil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, set your water to a boil and cook the angel hair pasta to desired doneness. Drain and set aside.
4. Remove foil and stir. The tomatoes should be breaking up and the mango will be melting into an amazing sauce! Allow it to simmer for another 5 minutes uncovered.
5. Combine pasta with your sauce and enjoy!
The tomatoes burst and combine beautifully with the melting mango for a luscious thick sauce that is still light and flavor packed! I guarantee this becomes a staple in your home during the mango season! You could probably even use frozen mango if you are craving this in the off-season, frozen fruits are frozen during the peak of them being ripened so it would be delicious!
If you are trying to stay clean of the carbs, just make a double batch and cancel out the pasta! This would be a delicious dish all by itself 🙂
The spinach sucks in the amazing sauce flavors and you get a hint of sage in there.. it really is an amazing, healthy. and complex flavorful dish that you can make and enjoy in under 30 minutes!! Can’t beat that!
I hope you try this recipe, and others!
If you do please let me know what you think…
I love your feedback 🙂
& don’t forget to follow me on Social Media!