Pizza is one of those foods that just never gets old.. You are never too full for a slice, one slice is never enough.. It’s just an amazing thing. Crust, sauce, cheese.. don’t even get me STARTED on toppings!
However, can get pricey! When you are trying to be healthy and craving pizza.. the whole wheat options at the restaurant are even pricier.. Not to mention, you are still not in control of what is being put into your pie!
My mother used to make me english muffin pizzas when I was younger and it was always my favorite dinner. I would count down until the timer went off and even burn my mouth because I just could not WAIT to eat them!
For just about 10 bucks, you can create 12 individual mini pizzas..
Plus you control the content and you are in your PJs at home not in a crowded restaurant. Priceless…
1 6 pack Thomas’ English Muffins (I used multigrain light, You can use whichever you like)
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (I used 2%)
1 teaspoon of olive oil
olive oil cooking spray
1 tablespoon of dried oregano (make sure to crush with fingers to reactivate flavor)
salt and pepper to taste
*any other toppings or spices you would like to add..*
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees, line a large baking sheet with foil.
1. Using a serrated knife, slice each english muffin in half and place them cut side up on your prepared baking sheet.
2. Place about a tablespoon of sauce on each and use your spoon to cover the entire area of the english muffin. Reserve left over sauce.
3. Next, put a pinch (a little over a tablespoon) of mozzarella cheese on each one.
4. Mix the olive oil with remaining tomato sauce and sprinkle remaining sauce evenly over the english muffins, spray lightly with cooking spray, sprinkle oregano evenly over each one and place into oven. (before you put into the oven, any toppings you wish to add do so now)
5. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and muffins are crisp. Salt and pepper them fresh out of the oven to taste 🙂 Also add any other seasonings you desire (IE garlic powder, crushed red pepper, etc…)
These little amazing pizzas make me so happy! They remind me of childhood and my mom making me dinner.. they are fully customizable and just freaking delicious! My son LOVES them too.. I let him help put the cheese and toppings on and he gets a thrill out of that! Everyone can make their own. Use whatever left over veggies you have in the fridge! 🙂
Dinner done in under 30 minutes,
with only 10 minutes of active cooking time..
..for basically 10 bucks!?
Can’t beat that! 😉
I hope you try this recipe, and others!
If you do please let me know what you think…
I love your feedback 🙂
& don’t forget to follow me on Social Media!
Instagram/Twitter/Pinterest – @casey2cook