Spring is in the air! Farmers markets are starting up, the light bright flavors are dancing around our palettes .. Whenever I think of warm weather, I think of a nice cool water with lime or a frozen lime slush (or a nice frozen margarita! 😉 )
Raspberries and Limes are two of my favorite spring flavors.. A nice ripe raspberry from the farmers market is just divine! I decided to make a corn muffin and incorporate fresh raspberries to moisten it up a bit, and glaze it.. GLAZE IT ..with fresh lime and sugar.. yum!
Casey’s Raspberry Corn Muffins with Lime Glaze –
1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
1/2 cup of sugar
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cup of corn meal
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 60z container of fresh raspberries
the zest of one lime, about 1 heaping tablespoon
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3/4 cup of confection sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large bowl.. combine the buttermilk, sugar, eggs, olive oil, and vanilla. Whisk until incorporated.
2. Add the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the bowl and using a spoon, mix together with the buttermilk liquid until just combined. (you don’t want to over mix!)
3. Carefully fold in the raspberries and lime zest.
4. Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray, or you can use a cupcake tray if you do not have a muffin tray. Evenly distribute the mixture into the 12 openings. Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden and the middle is set. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
5. While they are cooling, Mix together the confection sugar and lime juice to make the glaze. Glaze the tops of your muffins.
They are beautiful and delicious.. Not too difficult to make and done in under 1 hour! Plus they’re made with whole wheat flour and have a fresh fruit in them so they are a sweet yummy dessert but are not that horrible for you! A++
Oh, & you could also make these as mini muffins on long toothpicks and serve the glaze as a dip, mmmm! Super adorable! You’ll totally be the hit of the party 😉
I hope you try this recipe, and others!
If you do please let me know what you think…
I love your feedback 🙂
& don’t forget to follow me on Social Media!
Instagram/Twitter/Pinterest – @casey2cook