Who loves sausage peppers and onions? I do!
Here is a fun way to serve it for dinner, or to have it bite sized for a party!
Casey’s Sausage Pepper and Onion Bites –
1 lb of Italian sausage
1/2 cup of small diced bell pepper (I used red)
1/2 cup of small diced sweet onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
1 tablespoon of butter, melted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. In a medium bowl, remove the sausage from the casing.. combine the sausage (I used hot) salt, pepper, garlic and egg with your hands until blended.
2. Remove one sheet off puff pastry and unfold it. It is usually folded like a letter, in three. Use the natural bends to cut the 1 sheet into 3 sheets. Roll out each one to about double in size.
3. Dived the sausage mixture into 3 even amounts. Fill each piece of puff pastry and roll into a long log. Use water on your fingertips to seal the puff pastry. Roll in parchment and freeze for at least 1 hour.
4. Remove from the freezer, slice into 1/2inch rounds. Brush the outside with melted butter.
5. Place them at least a half-inch apart on an oven safe tray lined with parchment and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
This recipe will make 3 dozen bites!
Serve fresh out of the oven..