Who says you need rice for stuffed peppers?!
Swap out that rice for beans as a healthier alternative..
Casey’s Super Healthy Stuffed Peppers –
2 lb lean ground beef
5 large Italian peppers
1 small Italian pepper, diced
1 cup of diced tomatoes in a can
1 cup of cannellini white beans
3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tablespoon of ground mustard
1/2 tablespoon of granulated garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (10 slices of mozzarella)
Preheat your oven to 375 and spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
1. Brown your lean ground beef (or turkey or chicken) breaking apart with a wooden spoon.
2. As that is cooking, cut your peppers in half length wise and clear the stem and seeds.
3. Once your meat is browned, add in the diced tomato and beans. Keep using your spoon to break up everything and combine.
4. Add in the parsley, parmesan and seasoning, stir to combine.
5. Spoon your filing into the peppers until they are stuffed and bursting with deliciousness!
6. Top with cheese and place into the over for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbling and pepper is cooked through!
These are amazing and best of all, they are healthy!! Packed with veggies and protein, this is a great dinner all around that everyone will love! 🙂
I hope you try this recipe, and others!
If you do please let me know what you think…
I love your feedback 🙂
& don’t forget to follow me on Social Media!