Chicken on a stick, I mean.. what is better than that?! Easy to make, no messy fingers.. flavor packed, kids love the fact that it’s on a stick.. adult love them, they are baked so no messy stove top clean up and it is a healthy alternative to fried, perfect for a fun dinner or for a party! Come on! PLUS you get to dip them into a sauce, only thing more fun than chicken on a stick is having a dipping sauce! 😉
Casey’s Teriyaki Chicken on a Stick –
4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup of your favor teriyaki marinade
1/3 cup of soy sauce
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 teaspoon of black pepper
Soy Ginger Garlic Dipping Sauce –
1/3 cup of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of ground ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon of sriracha or your favorite hot sauce
2 tablespoons of honey
1/2 cup of water
1 scallion, thinly sliced
Sliced scallion, white sesame seeds, and black sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
*wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 10 minutes so they don’t catch fire*
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with foil.
1. Combine the chicken breast, teriyaki marinade, soy sauce, garlic cloves and pepper in a gallon ziplock. Squish it all around to cover all the chicken and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
2. Remove from the marinade, reserve the marinade in the bag. Slice chicken into long thin strips. Weave the chicken onto the skewer and place on your large prepared baking tray. Continue this with all of your chicken.
3. Cut a small hole in the bottom corner of your marinade bag and squirt some of the liquid onto each of the chicken sticks. Place into the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes, Remove the pan from the oven and carefully flip each chicken stick over. Higher the temperature to 400 and cook an additional 8 minutes.
Now for the sauce, (which you can do while the chicken is cooking!)
5. Combine all of the sauce ingredients, except the scallion, in a small sauce pan. Bring up to a boil, whisk continuously for 1 minute and reduce to a simmer. Allow it to simmer for another 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and mix in the scallions.. Serve hot with the chicken sticks.
(garnish the chicken with the scallions and sesame seeds if you desire!)
These are a great addition to any get together.. Make a couple different dipping sauce options, even BBQ sauce or Ranch dressing! Guacamole would even be a great dip for these chicken sticks!! You can melt cheese on to them, stick veggies on the ends.. Have fun with it!
I got a text from Big Steven today when I was at work.. Usually he will send me a message saying he tired my dish and it was good, oh its yummy.. yada yada.. Today he texted me “Wow, those were amazing.. I think my favorite dish you have made for the blog so far!” 🙂 Made me very happy to see that!! I hope you all love it too xo
I hope you try this recipe, and others!
If you do please let me know what you think…
I love your feedback 🙂
& don’t forget to follow me on Social Media!