Who doesn’t LOVE biscuits?!
They can be a pain in the behind to make, though.. Unless you have my under an hour recipe!
Casey’s Under 60 Biscuits-
2 cups of whole wheat flour
2 cups of AP flour
1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) packet of rapid rising yeast
1/3 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of salt
3/4 cup of cold water
2/3 cup of milk
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, chopped
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
1. Put your yeast, flours, sugar and salt in a large bowl and whisk together.
2. On the stovetop on lowest heat and heat your water, milk and butter together until the butter softens, about 5 minutes.
3. Pour milk mix into the dry bowl and with a damp wooden spoon or the dough hooks on your mixer, mix until dough forms. It will be sticky but you should be able to shape. Smooth into a ball and keep in your bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, butter your 9×13 baking dish.
4. Remove plastic and dump dough out onto a floured surface. Cut into 15 even pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Place each ball, seam down, into your dish to make 3 rows of 5. Place into your 200 degree oven for 15 minutes. Do not open the oven once the biscuits are in.
5. After 15 minutes, turn oven up to 375. Bake for 15 minutes and remove. Serve warm!
There you have it! If you want to make this with all AP or WW flour, just use 4 cups of one instead of splitting!